- Posted: July 2017
- Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: Peckham Rye, London
- Salary: Competitive
What we're looking for
At CampaignAmp the function and simplicity of our platform is integral to everything we do. We have an amazing opportunity for a new PHP developer to join the Development Team at one of the most innovative, fast moving and market-disrupting Start-Ups in the UK.
We work with some of the biggest entertainment, fashion and retail brands in the world (e.g, Universal Pictures, Sony Music, Universal Music, Warner Music, Ministry of Sound, Eastpak), who rely on CampaignAmp to drive the performance of their global Marketing Campaigns.
You'll need to be capable and confident enough to keep up with rapid development cycles and multiple threads of work, which will usually include some stack administration. We're a lean team and our sprints are kept short to make sure that we can react quickly to the demands of our clients.
We collect our data from many different sources, and you'll get to work with APIs from Spotify, Songkick, iTunes, RadioMonitor, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Google, Dropbox and many others.
We also build innovative tools to help our clients collect data and to help us manage campaigns on their behalf.
The ideal candidate will be self motivated, disciplined, and be able to demonstrate a passion for creating well written, extensible and reusable application code. Extensive knowledge of PHP (5 & 7), MySQL, MVC architectures (preferably Symfony) and OOP is essential as these are the foundations of our platform.
We're looking for somebody with demonstrable knowledge of high end, high performance web application development, but more importantly we're looking for passion for our product and for the technology required to deliver it.
So if you want to join a great team in one of the most vibrant locations around (did I mention the roof-top cinema and bar?) and be part of our future hyper growth, we would love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing new application features and services, using Symfony and SilverStripe
- Optimising platform performance
- Creating application documentation
- Contributing ideas on new technologies and techniques that we should be using
What you'll need:
- A good understanding of object-oriented PHP code
- Ability to write clear and performant SQL
What we'd like to see:
- Developing modular applications and working with MVC frameworks, particularly Symfony 3
- Building high traffic, high performance websites and applications.
- AWS services (including but not limited to Route53, SES, RDS, S3)
- Using modern APIs
- Source control systems, particularly Git
- Experience with third party tools and libraries such as jQuery, Require.js, Bootstrap
- Solid understanding of responsive design techniques
- Knowledge of REST & SOA
Other reasons why you'll love working at CampaignAmp:
- Rooftop bar & cinema on the top of our building
- Based in vibrant Bussey Building in Peckham - Loads of interesting stuff to get into around the area
- Team beers every Friday
- Flexible working - We think we work best as a team in the office but are flexible and realistic
- Family Friendly - Childcare voucher scheme for all employees
- Team trips to our clients film screenings, gigs etc
- Occasional freebies from brands we work with
'CampaignAmp is changing the way the most exciting industries on the planet work!'
Founded by the ex-Group Managing Director of Ministry of Sound and an ex-BBC Digital Producer, we are revolutionising the way that marketing teams work together on their campaigns.
CampaignAmp brings together an innovative combination of Project Management, Instant Messaging, Reporting and Analytics functionality into ONE platform that helps marketers across the world make smarter decisions and work more efficiently.
We allow marketing teams to centralise ALL of their campaign information, across multiple disciplines, giving them an Operating System from which they can plan, activate and evaluate every aspect of their campaigns.
We are going through a period of explosive growth and need your help.
Launched in January 2014 in the music industry, we have rapidly expanded and now work across most of the entertainment sector and beyond.
Our biggest client is Universal Pictures, the No.1 film studio on the planet with whom we work in their top 15 global markets.
In music we work with all of the major record labels (Universal, Sony, Warner) and the largest independents in the world (Ministry of Sound, Spinnin, Ignition, as well as numerous other events, management, PR and promotions companies) we also work in fashion with brands like Eastpak and in retail with data companies such as Dunnhumby (Tesco Clubcard).
Our investors include Collider, the marketing technology accelerator, and individuals from a diverse range of high profile tech companies, brands and agencies such as Facebook, Unilever, Pepsi, Iris and Independents United.